Data protection policy of SEIKEL GmbH
1. Collection and processing of data
The following personal data can be collected within the scope of use of a website:
a) Personal data that is required for providing or rendering a specific service requested by the user, for example:
- Name, surname
- Telephone number/mobile number/fax number
- Chassis numbers
b) Browsing data, among others:
- IP address
- Location or country data as well as information on the pages visited by the user within the website,
- Date and access time of the website,
- Name and URL of the requested file
- Browser used or if required operating system of your computer as well as the name of your IP provider
- Navigation time on each page, so-called click-stream analysis. This information is not collected by the company. It is however possible to identify the website users using that analysis either directly or by using other information collected.
c) Cookies – Cookies are small text files that are saved locally in the internet browser cache of the page visitor when you visit our page. The cookies enable the recognition of the internet browser. On this website, your data is collected and saved for marketing and optimization purposes. User profiles are created from this data using a pseudo name. Hence, we receive no knowledge of your identity. The data collected in this manner will not be used to determine the personal identity of the website visitor or merged with personal data pertaining to the bearer of the pseudonym without the express permission of the respective individual. The data collection and saving can be objected at all times to Seikel GmbH with future effect.
d) Contractual relationship – The personal data stated by the customer can be collected and processed within the meaning of establishment of contractual relationship between Seikel GmbH and the customer.
2. Purpose for using your personal data
We shall process the personal data provided by our customers in accordance with the provisions of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (German – BDSG) for various purposes.
Your data shall be used for processing and fulfilment of the contract, for answering questions and creation of offers as well as for technical administration.
The processing of your personal data must be based on one of the following legal bases:
- You have given your consent (Article 6 Section 1 Sub-section 1 Letter a) GDPR);
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (Article 6 Section 1 Sub-section 1 Letter b) GDPR);
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation in accordance with EU law or the law of an EU member state to which we are subject (Article 6 Section 1 Sub-section 1 Letter c) GDPR);
- The processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or the interests of another person (Article 6 Section 1 Sub-section 1 Letter d) GDPR);
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us (Article 6 Section 1 Sub-section 1 Letter e) GDPR);
- The processing is necessary for protecting the legitimate interests of Seikel GmbH or of a third party except where your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms require protection of personal data (Article 6 Section 1 Sub-section 1 Letter f) GDPR).
3. Transfer of personal data
Your personal data can be processed by natural persons or legal persons and legal entities within or outside of EU that act for the company on behalf of Seikel GmbH and within the scope of specific contractual obligations.
a) Transfer of personal data:
Your personal data will only be transferred to third parties or otherwise be transmitted, if this becomes necessary for the purpose of handling the contracts or for accounting purposes or in case the customer has given his written consent.
b) Other transfer:
A transfer of data shall otherwise be done only under the legal provisions of data protection or on the request by authorities, courts and the finance office or in case of a claim on the part of a third party due to a possible violation of industrial property rights (copyright, trademark protection, and other neighbouring rights) through a proprietor or for the purpose of legal enforcement/defence before court.
4. Rights of the person affected
You shall be entitled to the following rights of the person affected:
- The right of access (Article 15 GDPR) includes the right to receive information from the company on whether and which data is processed for the person affected;
- The right to rectification (Article 16 GDPR) and the right to erasure (Article 17 GDPR) include the right to immediately correct erroneous and/or incomplete data as well as to erase data, provided the request is authorised.
- The right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR) includes the right to demand restriction of processing (so-called blocking), as far as the correctness of your data is contested by you and the processing is unlawful, or you oppose the erasure and we no longer need the data, but you still require these for the exercise of legal claims, provided the request is authorised.
- The right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR) includes the right to receive the saved personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, including the right to transmit the data directly to another controller
- The right to object (Article 21 GDPR) includes the right to object a processing of data, provided the request is authorised, including where appropriate, when the data should be processed for marketing and/or profiling purposes;
- Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR exists the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in case of an unlawful data processing.
- Pursuant to Article 7 Section 3 GDPR exists a right to withdraw consent.
Please note that consent once given can be withdrawn – completely or partly – at any time with effect for the future; the lawfulness of the processing done based on consent before its withdrawal shall remain unaffected of this.
For exercising your right to withdraw, you can withdraw the consent given to us for collecting and processing the personal data at any time with effect for the future.
For exercising rights of person affected, it is sufficient to just send an email to email@example.com.
We shall preserve your data only as long as it is required for the respective concerned purposes for which we process your data.
Upon termination of contractual relationship, your personal data will be immediately deleted only if the termination has an explicit deletion request and provided that your data is no longer required for a further contract processing.
The retention period of your data shall be extended by the duration that is required for further answering the queries with respect to the products ordered after conclusion of the contract or for clarifying, enforcing or warding off asserted legal claims.
6. Right to lodge a complaint
If you believe that the processing of your personal data is unlawful, you can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
The address of the responsible data protection authority in the state of Hessen is as follows (Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information in the state of Hessen):
Der Hessische Beauftragte für Datenschutz- und Informationsfreiheit
Managing Director: Peter Seikel, Susanne Seikel
Tel.: +49 (0) 60 55 9 07 92 – 0
Fax: +49 (0) 60 55 9 07 92 – 29
As on, 16.07.2018